Beaware of an Unpatched Microsoft Word 0-Day Flaw being Expoited in the Wild
- Do not open or download any suspicious Word files that arrive in an e-mail, even if you know the sender until Microsoft releases a patch.
- Since the attack does not work when a malicious document is viewed in Office Protected View feature, users are advised to enable this feature to view any Office documents.
- Always keep your system and antivirus up-to-date.
- Regularly backup your files in an external hard-drive.
- Disabling Macros does not offer any protection, but yet users are advised to do so in an attempt to protect themselves against other attacks.
- Always beware of phishing emails, spams, and clicking the malicious attachment.